YouTube is the world’s largest video sharing site and with every second one hour of video is uploaded. As a blogger you will be sharing and posting more articles. Other than text, embedding a YouTube video tutorial will be greatly useful for your site visitors. With simple embed code YouTube makes us easy to embed a video in to our site. For branding you will decide to remove YouTube logo from embedded video, but there is another reason which you probably don’t know. So we have decided to make a post on how to remove YouTube logo and title links from embedded video.
Reason to remove YouTube logo and title links from embedded video
To help your site visitors you will be embedding YouTube videos in your site, but this can cause to lose your site visitor. A person when viewing a video in your site can click that YouTube logo or title links and jumps to YouTube in which you are losing your site visitor. To keep your site visitor and to reduce bounce rate you should embed YouTube video without YouTube logo and title links. Let’s see how to remove YouTube logo and title links from embedded video.
Remove YouTube logo and title links from embedded video
The image above is the results you see with normal iFrame embed. With this there are three ways users can jump to YouTube when viewing videos in your site.
- From the bottom right corner YouTube logo
- From the title link above the video and
- From the list of suggested videos when the video finishes
So we are going to remove these three options. The procedure is same as normal iframe embed, but we are going to add some simple code. Let’s see how it works.
How to remove YouTube logo and title links from embedded video
- Go to YouTube.com and select the video you wish to embed
- Choose share >> embed and grab the Iframe embed code. Make sure to uncheck the “show suggested videos when the video finishes”.
- Grab that iframe code and paste it in to your site.
- In that code remove rel=0 at the end of the YouTube URL (next to question mark ?) and remove allowfullscreenbefore the closing angle brackets.
- Now paste the following code at the end of the YouTube URL (next to question mark ?). See the image below.
Once done save changes and check the embedded video in your site. You won’t see YouTube logo, Title links, full screen option and suggested videos at the end. Now your site visitors can’t jump to YouTube.
Hope you like this article on how to remove YouTube logo and title links from embedded video. Now learn how to add logo to YouTube video for branding Please share and comment your ideas below. Subscribe to get more updates from Blog Time Now.